Holidays in Thailand for 2011/2554
List of public holidays to be observed by financial institutions in Thailand in
the year 2011 is as follows:
1. Monday, January 3 - Substitution for New Year's Day
2. Friday, February 18 - Makha Puja Day
3. Wednesday, April 6 - Chakri Day
4. Wednesday, April 13 - Songkran Festival
5. Thursday, April 14 - Songkran Festival
6. Friday, April 15 - Songkran Festival
7. Monday, May 2 - Substitution for National Labor Day (Sunday, May 1)
Note: This holiday is not applied to government agencies.
8. Thursday, May 5 - Coronation Day
9. Monday, May 16 - additional holiday according to the Cabinet resolution on 30
Note: Only applied to government agencies. State enterprises and private sectors
may not be relevant.
10. Tuesday, May 17 - Visakha Puja Day
11. Friday, July 15 - Asanha Puja Day
Note: Effective from B.E. 2550 onwards, the Asanha Puja Day is prescribed as a holiday,
in replacement of the Buddhist Lent Day.
12. Friday, August 12 - H.M. the Queen's Birthday
13. Monday, October 24 - Substitution for Chulalongkorn Day (Sunday, October 23)
14. Monday, December 5 - H.M. the King's Birthday
15. Monday, December 12 - Substitution for Constitution Day (Saturday, December 10)
Note: For financial institutions in Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, and Satun provinces,
an extra holiday is given for the Eidilfitri Day (Ramadan Day) announced by the
Sheikhul Islam Office if it does not fall on any of the holidays listed above or
Saturday and Sunday.
Some businesses may not be closed on these additional holidays.